|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||29%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This recipe is for a fantastic three pepper dry rubbed London Broil (flank steak). You will need to grill this one hot and fast and try not overcook it.
- 3 pounds/1.3 kg flank steak
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/salt
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper, fresh ground
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon/1.25 mL paprika
- Gather the ingredients.
- Combine spices in a shallow pan large enough to hold London Broil. Coat entire broil with rub mixture and cover pan with plastic wrap. Set aside at room temperature for approximately 2-3 hours or refrigerate overnight. Meat will look wet. Pat dry but don't remove rub. Preheat gas grill on high for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and place meat on center of grill. Close cover and grill for 5 minutes; turn meat over and grill for an additional 5 minutes for medium-rare. Cook a few minutes longer if you prefer your steak medium. Use tongs. Don't pierce meat with fork, so as to retain juices. For conventional charcoal grilling, start coals and let burn down to a light gray. Place rack approximately 6 inches from coals. Proceed as above.
- Once London broil has cooked to desired doneness, remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite side dishes.