|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 8 to 10|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||34%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a fork tender, delicious three pepper and herb rotisserie chicken. You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper used in this recipe of substitute with a mild chili powder.
- 2 (4-pound/1.8 kg) whole chickens
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL paprika
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL white pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Mix together paprika, salt, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl. Remove giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken cavity thoroughly, and pat dry. Rub chickens both inside and out with the spice rub, and place 1 onion into the cavity of each. Place in resealable bags and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.