This is a fork tender, delicious three pepper and herb rotisserie chicken. You can adjust the amount of cayenne pepper used in this recipe of substitute with a mild chili powder.
- 2 (4-pound/1.8 kg) whole chickens
- 2 onions, quartered
- 4 teaspoons/20 mL salt
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL paprika
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL white pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL cayenne pepper
Mix together paprika, salt, onion powder, thyme, white pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder in a small mixing bowl. Remove giblets from chicken and discard. Rinse chicken cavity thoroughly, and pat dry. Rub chickens both inside and out with the spice rub, and place 1 onion into the cavity of each. Place in resealable bags and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.
Preheat grill, truss chickens and secure onto rotisserie rod.
Cook chickens for 3 1/2 to 4 hours over indirect medium-low heat, or until internal temperature reaches between 165 to 170 degrees F/75 degrees C. Remove chickens and let stand for 10 minutes before carving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|