|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 18g||23%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||37%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These steaks are filled with fantastic Southwestern flavor. This is a great way to turn a less than perfect steak into a wonderful meal. Ideal for weeknight meals. Serve with your favorite grilled or baked sides.
- 4 1-inch tenderloin steaks (thick)
- 4 slices cheese (Monterey Jack)
- 4 chili peppers (whole mild green, fresh or canned)
- 2 tablespoons/30 ml. olive oil
- For Spice Rub:
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL. paprika
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL. white pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL. cayenne
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL. brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL. cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL. salt (sea)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL. black pepper
1. Preheat grill for medium heat.
2. Combine paprika, white pepper, cayenne, brown sugar and cumin together in a small bowl.
3. Cut a slit into the side of each steak, making a pocket large enough to hold the cheese and green chili. Place one slice of cheese and one whole chili into each steak pocket. Brush each steak lightly with olive. Rub spice mixture over the steaks. Place steaks on hot grill over medium heat and cook for about 8 minutes, turning once or until steaks reach desired doneness.
4. Once cooked, removed stuffed steaks from heat and place onto a large plate. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite sides.