- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon. kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 ounces) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Heat olive oil in a large (14-inch) skillet over medium- to medium-high heat.
- Whisk eggs in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Spread out in an even layer on a plate.
- Dip each tilapia fillet into the egg, then the flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- Place in the heated olive oil. Pan-fry for 5-6 minutes. Flip, then continue to cook until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fish to a plate. Add lemon juice and apple juice to the skillet. Stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add butter.
- When butter is melted, return fish to the skillet. Cook another 1-2 minutes, spooning sauce over fish to coat.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||240 g|
|Saturated Fat||38 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||97 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|