The spinach pesto makes a delicious topping for these tilapia fillets. The pesto is easy to fix with help from a food processor. Pecans provide texture while Parmesan cheese and garlic flavor the pesto. If you have extra pesto, serve it on the side or freeze it for another meal.
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Lightly butter a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan or shallow casserole.
- In a food processor, pulse about half of the spinach leaves with 1/4 cup olive oil, pecan halves, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until the mixture is a fine consistency.
- Arrange remaining spinach leaves over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place a tilapia fillet on the bed of spinach and put about 1 tablespoon of the pesto mixture on the fillet.
- Spread lightly to cover most of the fillet.
- Repeat with remaining fillets and pesto, overlapping fish slightly as needed.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tilapia flakes easily with a fork.
Serve with hot cooked rice or pasta.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|