These delicious sesame seed cookies are coated with toasted sesame seeds. The recipe includes how to toast the sesame seeds. You might also find toasted sesame seeds in bulk.
The cookies are very easy to prepare and bake, and they make an excellent snack for any occasion.
- 1 cup sesame (seeds, divided)
- 2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3/4 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or leave them ungreased.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, toast sesame seeds until golden brown, shaking skillet and stirring frequently to keep them moving. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Measure the flour, sugar, butter, water, baking powder, vanilla, salt, and egg into a large mixing bowl. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat until well blended, occasionally scraping bowl.
- With a spoon or spatula, fold in 1/2 cup of the sesame seeds.
- Using about 2 teaspoons of dough for each cookie, shape into ovals about 2 inches in length; roll in the remaining toasted sesame seeds. Place the ovals about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies to wire racks to cool. Store the cookies in a tightly covered container for up to 1 week.
- "I made these this afternoon for my boyfriend who loves sesame seeds. He left for about an hour and I wanted to have them baked before he got home. It took me less than 30 minutes to prep and bake! They turned out better than amazing. They turned out better than amazing. He asked me to please make them fresh every day!" — Gigi
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|