Recipe and photo courtesy of the Soy Foods Council.
- 1 1/4 pounds tofu (silken, drained)
- 1/4 pound cheese (Parmesan)
- 1 dash salt (to taste)
- 1 dash pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium eggs (just yolks)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- In a food processor, add tofu and plus until tofu is at a fine consistency. Add parmesan, salt, pepper and egg yolks until well combined. Next, add the flour and blend together until a ball is formed.
- Shape small portions of the dough into long ropes. With a knife dipped in flour, cut ropes into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drop your gnocchi dough into the simmering water and allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi has risen to the top; drain well and top with your favorite sauce.
Here's a few sauces that pair particularly well with gnocchi:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|