|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This tofu marinade does double duty as a marinade and sauce. Dry frying the tofu removes all the moisture, enabling it to soak up the flavors of the marinade. The recipe goes nicely with 1 pound of firm or extra firm tofu and is designed to have extra marinade to add to the stir-fry at the end to make a sauce.
- 5 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu (cut into triangles and dry-fried)
Cover and refrigerate while preparing and dry frying the tofu.
Place the marinade into a large bowl or large resealable plastic bag. Add the dry-fried tofu pieces.
Cover bowl or seal bag and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally to make sure all the tofu pieces are covered.
Drain the tofu, reserving the tofu marinade to use as a sauce at the end of stir-frying. Thicken with a cornstarch/water slurry if desired.
Stir-fry and enjoy!