|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 20g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The cinnamon toasty is one of the best-tasting shots you'll find and it is perfectly smooth, so it goes down nice and easy (maybe a little too easy, even). To make it, you'll only need two common liqueurs and it's perfect for a party because it almost tastes better when shared with a group of friends.
For this recipe that has also been called a tomahawk, you will simply combine amaretto and cinnamon schnapps. It's often built right in the glass, but you can also shake it. And, while the 3:1 ratio is the most popular version of the shot, if you are a fan of cinnamon schnapps, try it with equal pours of the two spirits. However you take the cinnamon toasty, it will warm you up on a chilly night and after just one sip, you'll realize why this is such a popular shot.
1 1/2 ounces amaretto liqueur
1/2 ounce cinnamon schnapps
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Build the ingredients in a shot glass by pouring the amaretto first, then the schnapps.
Serve and enjoy.
- Make multiple cinnamon toasty shots at once. Simply line up shot glasses on the counter, then run down the line filling each two-thirds full with amaretto. Then go down the line again topping them off with the schnapps. This is easier with speed pourers in the bottles, just like bartenders use. Some people even fill a flask with the combination and take it on camping trips (it's great to share around a fire).
- Cool this shot down by pouring it into chilled shot glasses. Keep a few in the freezer (they don't take much space) so they're ready.
- If you like, serve this shot chilled by shaking the liqueurs with ice and straining into the shot glass. Increase as needed to shake up a few shots at one time.
- For the best cinnamon toasty, splurge on Goldschläger. It's spendier than most cinnamon schnapps, but it's definitely worth it.
- This drink also works very well as a short, slow sipper when served on the rocks. You'll want to double the recipe to make it worth your while, though.
- Take this delicious flavor combination and use it to spike a cup of coffee! Use the same pours for the shot and either add the liqueurs to a full cup of rich black coffee or use them to give your espresso shot a brilliant boost.
How Strong Is a Cinnamon Toasty Shot?
When poured straight into the shot glass, the cinnamon toasty should have an alcohol content around 29 percent ABV (58 proof). If you choose to shake it, the dilution will bring it down to 23 percent ABV (46 proof). Both will depend on the proof of the liqueurs you pour, though because they can vary from one brand to the next.