|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
A tomahawk steak, also to referred to as a cowboy steak, is a very large (30-45 oz) bone-in rib eye. This cut is for the serious steak lover and this rub recipe will make the experience even better. With a hint of earthy Indian spices, this well-rounded rub will provide a nice crust while bringing out the natural flavors of the meat. Add a steak topper for a truly memorable experience.
- Spices to Toast
- 2 tablespoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon cardamon pods
- Additional Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons coffee (or espresso, ground)
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon parsley (dried)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
Place coriander seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, and cardamom pods in a pan over medium meat. Toast until seeds start to brown slightly - about 3 to 4 minutes.
Remove spices from heat and place into a spice grinder (or coffee grinder) and pulverize into a powder.
Place contents into a bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix together and use.
Use rub immediately or store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months after initial preparation.