Tomato basil hummus is a bold, exciting flavor of hummus that has a Mediterranean influence. Perfect with piping hot pita! More hummus recipes
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or soaked if using dried
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole, peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoon basil, chopped
- In a blender or food processor, blend the chickpeas. Add tomatoes, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, basil, and salt until the ingredients form a creamy, paste-like consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|