|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Servings 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 40g||14%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||30%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Tomato basil hummus is a bold, exciting flavor of hummus that has a Mediterranean influence. Perfect with piping hot pita! More hummus recipes
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or soaked if using dried
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole, peeled tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoon basil, chopped
In a blender or food processor, blend the chickpeas. Add tomatoes, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, basil, and salt until the ingredients form a creamy, paste-like consistency.
Pour the mixture into a large serving bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for one hour.