A fresh and refreshing salad for the summer, Spanish tomato salad is simple to make. Toss sliced tomatoes, green pepper and onions on a platter and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and vinegar. Sprinkle with salt and you have a delicious salad. If you want to spice it up, chop a bit of fresh basil and or oregano and sprinkle over the top.
- 4-5 large tomatoes (ripe, or 5-6 Roma tomatoes)
- 3-4 onion (red or yellow, very thin slices)
- 1/2 bell pepper (green)
- Garnish: extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt to taste
- Rinse tomatoes and cut into slices about 1/4-inch thick. Place on a platter or a serving dish.
- Thinly slice a red or yellow onion and cut in half. Scatter on top of tomatoes.
- Cut green bell pepper in half. Remove veins and seeds. Cut into thin strips and scatter on top of tomatoes and onion.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and red wine vinegar over the top of salad. Sprinkle salt on top.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|