|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 shot (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The Tootsie Roll is one of those shooters that adults create in an attempt to recreate favorite childhood treats. This one comes close and although it's not an exact replica, it is a nice trip back in time and has that hint of the Tootsie Roll candy.
As far as shots go, the Tootsie Roll is a pretty tasty drink. You shouldn't have any trouble getting this one down because it is, quite frankly, delicious. That fact also makes it easy to have one too many if you're not careful!
There are a number of ways to make a Tootsie Roll. Some recipes go with a coffee liqueur like Kahlua while others prefer chocolate. There is also a fun one that requires chocolate vodka and that alone is a tempting proposal.
A Tootsie Roll With Coffee
It seems odd that coffee and orange are combined to create a drink designed to taste like a Tootsie Roll, but it has a surprising result. It really does taste a lot like the candy and is very easy to make.
You will find variations of this Tootsie Roll recipe that skip the vodka and mix Kahlua and orange juice alone. The kick that vodka adds is a nice touch and it helps thin the drink, especially when it's not shaken.
- 1/2 ounce vodka
- 1/2 ounce coffee liqueur
- 1/2 ounce orange juice
Gather the ingredients.
Then pour in the coffee liqueur.
Lastly, pour in the orange juice.
- If you like, shake the ingredients to mix them up.
- Tootsie Roll With Chocolate: The other popular way to make a Tootsie Roll is to use creme de cacao instead of coffee liqueur. It is just as tasty and easy to make. Many drinkers prefer this one and say that it is truer to the candy's flavor. Be sure to choose a dark creme de cacao. The white (it's actually clear) will not give you that dark brown look of a Tootsie Roll and the drink will be orange instead. If you're going for the effect, do it right. Again, you can add vodka if you like. In this case, split the chocolate liqueur and pour 1/2 ounce of each ingredient. To make the shot, shake 1 ounce dark creme de cacao and 1/2 ounce orange juice. Strain into a shot glass.
- Tootsie Roll With Chocolate Vodka: This Tootsie Roll is a newer version. It pairs chocolate vodka with amaretto and a dollop of chocolate syrup. If you love chocolate, this may end up being your favorite. To make the shot, shake and strain 2/3 ounce Three Olives Chocolate Vodka, 1/3 ounce amaretto, and a squeeze of chocolate syrup.
How Strong Are Tootsie Roll Shots?
In general, the Tootsie Roll is a relatively mild shooter and about half the strength of a straight shot of vodka. When used, the orange juice does a good job of taming down the alcohol, though you can see the different the vodka makes.
- Coffee Tootsie Roll: 20 percent ABV (40 proof)
- Chocolate Tootsie Roll: 12 percent ABV (24 proof)
- Three Olives Tootsie Roll: 23 percent ABV (46 proof)