This cheese tortellini is served with a simple tomato and basil cream sauce. A little Parmesan cheese garnishes this dish.
- 1 can/14.5 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon bouillon (chicken)
- 4 teaspoons basil (dried)
- 2 teaspoons parsley (fresh, minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups cream (heavy)
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (fresh grated)
- 1 pound cheese tortellini (cooked)
- Garnish: parsley, freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine tomatoes with the chicken bouillon granules, basil, 2 teaspoons parsley, and pepper.
- Sauté the garlic in olive oil; add the crushed tomato mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Add cream and bring to a gentle boil; add the 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Stir well; stir the tortellini into the sauce.
- Serve garnished with more fresh parsley and grated or shredded Parmesan cheese.
You Might Also Like:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||59 g|
|Saturated Fat||30 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|