|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 36 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These tortilla pinwheels are very popular, especially for holiday entertaining. Serve with salsa, ranch dressing, sour cream, guacamole, or use your favorite dip ideas.
The filling for these roll-ups is a basic chile and cheese mixture, but feel free to experiment with other ideas, like crab meat, finely chopped ham, roasted red pepper, etc.
Click Play to See This Tortilla Pinwheels with Cream Cheese Filling Recipe Come Together
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 6 green onions (chopped)
- 4 ounces chopped green chiles (drained)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded, about 2 cups)
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 5 to 6 large flour tortillas (room temperature)
- Optional: salsa, ranch dressing, sour cream, guacamole, or other dips
Place the cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl mix with an electric mixer on low until well blended. Add the green onions, chiles, and cheddar cheese. Beat just until blended. Taste and add salt and ground black pepper, as needed.
Spread mixture thinly and evenly over tortillas to within about 1/4-inch of the edges.
Roll each filled tortilla up jelly-roll fashion, wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap, and refrigerate.
Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Serve with your favorite salsa or a few different dips. Ranch dressing, guacamole, and sour cream are all good choices.
- Refrigerate the roll-ups for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Just before serving, slice each tortilla pinwheel in 1/2- to 3/4-inch rounds and arrange on serving plate. The tortillas will become dry if sliced too far in advance.