This is a great recipe for Brazilian style skirt steak on skewers. These delicious morsels are great served up with rice and grilled vegetables.
- 2 pounds (900 g) skirt steak, cut into 2 inch wide strips
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) sea salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) black pepper
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Roll skirt steak strips into coils and place about 3-4 on large metal skewers.
- Place onto grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. When the meat is cooked through (internal temperature between 155-165 degrees F.), remove from heat and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|