The Cuban sandwich is packed full of salty pork, rich Swiss cheese, tangy yellow mustard, and zesty dill pickles on hot and crispy Cuban bread.
.It's salty, rich, and tangy and you don't have to go to Tampa, Miami or Cuba to find the perfect Cuban. With this simple and easy recipe, you can make it right at home!
- Begin by slicing your Cuban bread lengthwise in half. Open up the bread up so that it looks like one big surface and slather the inside with as much mustard as you like and line the bread with pickles, making sure that they're evenly spaced so that each bite has all the wonderful flavors of this Cuban classic.
- Evenly distribute the Swiss cheese between both pieces of bread.
- Next add baked ham, salami if desired, and then the roasted pork. Close the sandwich and set aside.
- The easiest and fastest way is to heat the sandwich is to butter the outside of your sandwich and then wrap the entire thing in tinfoil. In a heated panini press, add the wrapped sandwich and turn the heat to medium. Press down the top of the machine so that the sandwich gets condensed and flattened.
- Let it cook for about ten minutes, making sure that the bread inside the tinfoil doesn't burn until the exterior is crispy and the interior is warm and delicious. Let it sit for a few minutes before cutting in half and serving.
Note: This sandwich can be made up to two days in advance as long as it's kept refrigerated. It's also possible to re-heat this in the oven.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||62 g|
|Saturated Fat||30 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||21 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|