|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 114g||42%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 113g|
|Vitamin C 7mg||35%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Sweet, simple, and fantastic, the trophy margarita puts a lovely lavender twist on the original margarita and it's just as easy to make. While the drink was designed for Oscar viewing parties, it is fantastic for far too many occasions to count and is a perfect way to impress guests with something unexpected.
This lavender margarita features a great reposado tequila from Roca Patron, an upgrade from Patron Tequila. It takes their already reliable and smooth tequilas to a new level and the reposado is everything you would expect from the top-shelf version. Though it is sold at a higher price point, it is still worth mixing into a great cocktail, you will just want to be more selective.
Once you have the tequila in hand, the rest of the margarita is easy. It features a homemade lavender simple syrup, which replaces triple sec in the original margarita. The syrup actually takes longer to cool than it does to make and if you are a lavender-lover, you will not have any problem finding other floral drinks to use it in.
1 1/2 ounces reposado tequila
3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
3/4 ounce lavender syrup
Candied lavender, garnish
Gather the ingredients.
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Garnish with candied lavender. Serve and enjoy.
- Homemade lavender syrup is as easy as any other simple syrup to make. You simply need water, sugar, and about 3 tablespoons of lavender flowers. Plan ahead because it requires at least one hour to steep and cool.
- If you're going to use a substitute for Roca Patron, be sure it's also a top-shelf tequila. As with all made-from-scratch margaritas, pouring a low-quality tequila will throw the drink off balance and degrade the taste.
- To create candied lavender for the garnish, simply use the basic candied flowers technique with sprigs of lavender. It requires egg white, water, and sugar and up to 24 hours to dry.
- As an alternative, you could rim your glass with an easy lavender sugar or simply float a sprig of lavender on your drink.
- Use blanco tequila if you prefer. It will not have the same oak undertones as reposado but will make a great lavender margarita. For even more aged flavors, try this cocktail with añejo tequila.
- If you really love lavender, try infusing into your tequila rather than a syrup. Lavender-infused tequila should take a few days to fully develop its flavor and would be best with blanco tequila. In this case, use a plain simple syrup or replace the syrup with triple sec.
- Rosemary is always a wonderful complement to lavender, so add that herb into any of your infusions for a very floral tequila cocktail.
How Strong Is a Trophy Margarita?
Roca Patron is bottled at 84 proof, so it's a little strong than the average tequila. That really doesn't boost the strength of this margarita much because it's the only liquor in the recipe. You can expect this drink to weigh in somewhere around 18 percent ABV (36 proof), which is typical of a shaken margarita.