|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This chicken breast dish is bursting with tropical flavors and it makes a wonderful meal along with hot cooked rice.
- 1 1/3- 2 1/4 lbs. chicken (breast halves or cutlets)Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can/6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger (ground)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Garnish: pineapple slices
- 4-6 cups white rice (hot, cooked)
Heat the oven to 375 F
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Place the vegetable oil in a shallow baking pan; add chicken breast halves and bake for 30 minutes.
In a bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, butter, ginger, and soy sauce; simmer for 4 minutes.
Baste chicken with sauce; bake 20 to 30 minutes longer, basting several times with sauce.
Place chicken under broiler for a few minutes, just until browned.
Garnish with pineapple slices and serve with remaining sauce over hot cooked rice.