Serve this creamy tuna a la king over toast points, puff pastry shells, or biscuits, or use this as a topping for baked potatoes.
This recipe may be made with about 1 cup of chopped cooked chicken, salmon, or turkey as well.
- 1 can tuna (white, in water, drained)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup peas (drained, canned or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons water chestnuts (chopped)
- Garnish: toast points, or chow mein noodles
Saute celery and onion in margarine until tender.
Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
Mix milk, beaten egg and soup and add to the first mixture.
Cook over low heat until sauce is thick and smooth.
Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and thyme.
Last add peas and tuna.
Heat and serve over warm chow mein noodles or toast points.
If frozen peas are used, cook until tender and drain before adding.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||13 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|