|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||63%|
|Total Carbohydrate 23g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Serve this creamy tuna a la king over toast points, puff pastry shells, or biscuits, or use this as a topping for baked potatoes.
This recipe may be made with about 1 cup of chopped cooked chicken, salmon, or turkey as well.
- 1 can tuna (white, in water, drained)
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 cup peas (drained, canned or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons water chestnuts (chopped)
- Garnish: toast points, or chow mein noodles
- Gather the ingredients.
- Saute celery and onion in margarine until tender.
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Mix milk, beaten egg and soup and add to the first mixture.
- Cook over low heat until sauce is thick and smooth.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Last add peas and tuna.
- Heat and serve over warm chow mein noodles or toast points.
- If frozen peas are used, cook until tender and drain before adding.
You Might Also Like