Bell peppers are filled with a tuna and chopped vegetable stuffing mixture then topped with potato chip crumbs. This is a very tasty flavor combination for stuffed peppers. Stick with green bell peppers, or make a colorful presentation with yellow and red peppers.
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can or pouch (about 7 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped canned pimiento
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove tops and seeds. Cook peppers in a small amount of boiling salted water for about 5 minutes; drain. Sprinkle peppers inside with a little salt; place in a shallow baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine rice with tuna, celery, onion, pimiento, 1/2 teaspoon salt and dash pepper. Gently stir in mayonnaise until well blended.
- Spoon tuna rice mixture into pepper shells. Pour about 1/2 cup of water into the baking dish around tuna and rice stuffed peppers. Sprinkle potato chip crumbs over top of each stuffed pepper.
- Bake tuna and rice stuffed peppers at 350 F for 30 minutes.
Makes 6 stuffed peppers.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|