- 1 cup pasta (elbow macaroni, cooked until just tender and drained)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup bell pepper (green, chopped)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (condensed, can use 98% reduced fat)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (frozen, thawed)
- 1 can tuna (flaked white, drained)
- 3 eggs (hard boiled, coarsely chopped)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted, for bread crumbs)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 1 1/2-quart casserole or baking dish.
- Put 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions and peppers.
- Cook until onions are softened. Add flour, milk, and soup; stir until thickened.
- Add pimiento, vegetables, tuna, mixed vegetables, chopped eggs, and cooked macaroni.
- Taste and add salt and pepper. Place in the prepared casserole or baking dish.
- Toss the bread crumbs with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the top and bake for about 30 minutes, or until nicely browned.
Serves 4 to 6.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|