|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Fresh yellowfin tuna chops are dressed with an easy pan sauce of lemon cream and capers. Take care not to ruin your investment by overcooking the tuna. Have your ingredients prepared and ready to go and you can have this on the table in about 15 minutes.
- 8 oz. tuna (2 fresh yellowfin steaks)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided use)
- 1/8 cup onions (sweet, fresh, minced)
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh, or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup cream (heavy)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- Garnish: fresh dill weed and lemon or lime wedges
Sprinkle both sides yellowfin tuna steaks with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
Heat a heavy skillet over high heat. Add olive oil and 1 tablespoon of the butter and swirl to coat the pan. Sear tuna steaks until golden brown on each side, turning only once. Do not overcook tuna. Remove and keep warm.
Lower heat to medium. Add remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan along with the onions. Gently saute until onions are translucent. Add garlic and saute 1 additional minute, stirring often. Carefully pour in the white wine and lemon juice. Stir and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add heavy cream and return to a simmer. Cook another 3 minutes or so until thickened. Stir in drained capers.
Pour lemon cream sauce over warm tuna steaks and garnish with dill and lemon or lime to serve.