|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 41g||53%|
|Saturated Fat 22g||109%|
|Total Carbohydrate 112g||41%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
For when you're looking to switch up your dinner routine, or just craving a bit of tuna, here's a quick and tasty tuna noodle casserole that is great for an everyday family meal, and is easy on the budget too. What more could you ask for?
If you'd like to jazz up your tuna noodle casserole, instead of using bread crumb topping try crumbling up some potato chips or French fried onion rings over the casserole before baking. The latter still provides a bit of a crunch but offers a different flavor while doing so, in case you have any family members who aren't fans of onions.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups green peas, cooked
- 2 (10.75-ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Gather the ingredients.
Heat oven to 350 F.
Spray a 2 1/2 to 3-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
Combine the noodles, peas, soup, milk, cheese, and tuna. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Spoon into the prepared baking dish.
Toss breadcrumbs with butter and sprinkle over the top or the casserole.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until hot and bubbly and crumbs are browned.
Serve and enjoy!
- Top the casserole with French fried onions, crumbled cheese crackers, or crumbled potato chips and omit the soft bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Instead of peas, use 2 cups of cooked peas and carrots or mixed vegetables.
- Add some sliced sauteed mushrooms to the casserole mixture.
- Add a few tablespoons of diced drained pimientos to the casserole.
- Use cream of celery soup instead of cream of mushroom soup. Or, if you prefer a homemade sauce, omit the soups and the 1/2 cup of milk and replace them with about 2 1/2 to 3 cups of thickened white sauce.