This tuna florentine casserole is a combination of tuna, pasta, spinach, and cheddar cheese. It's a perfect everyday meal. Make this with noodles or try it with the mini bowtie pasta (farfalle), as shown. Add some sauteed sliced mushrooms, if you'd like.
- package (12 ounces) egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (6 1/2 to 7 oz each) tuna, drained (3 cans if 4 to 5 ounces each)
- 1 large jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 2 cups grated Cheddar cheese, divided
- Cook the noodles in boiling salted water following the package directions.
- Combine the cooked noodles, well-drained spinach, tuna, pimiento, grated onion, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Top with the remaining cheese; cover and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Replace the pimientos with diced roasted red peppers.
- Substitute frozen chopped and cooked kale for the spinach.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||34 g|
|Saturated Fat||17 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|