Beet hummus is the star of this healthy turkey sandwich. It's beautiful and vibrant pink shade lacks in comparison to its healthy attributions. Beets are loaded with a variety of nutrients and fibers that can help lower blood pressure in just a couple of hours, fight inflammation and cancer, and can help boost your immune system. When you mix the roasted beets with chick peas, which are filled with healthy fibers, protein, nutrients and vitamins, the health benefits keep multiplying.
Cracked Pepper Turkey loads you up with even more lean-meat protein while the tomatoes add a nice healthy dose of vitamin C, D and folic acid. The feta cheese is a great source of calcium and the baby kale sprouts are a super food that help boost your brain power with the green's high level of folate. And although the bread's probably not that good for you, it helps keep everything together and it makes it taste even better!
Just a warning, this sandwich gets kind of messy over time, so if you're trying to make it in advance, I'd recommend using a baguette or another type of bread that is more dense so that the liquids from the sandwich ingredients don't seep into the bread.
- 3 tbsp. beet hummus
- 1/4 lb cracked pepper turkey (sliced thin)
- 3-4 slices yellow tomato
- 1 tbsp. feta (crumbled)
- 2 tbsp. kale sprouts
- a few slices of red onion
- 2 slices of sourdough bread
- Begin by toasting the bread in a toaster and smearing each side with beet hummus.
- Next, layer on all the cracked pepper turkey slices, then the yellow tomatoes, the feta, the kale sprouts and the red onion.
- Top with the other slice of toasted bread and serve immediately.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|