|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 sandwich (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||9%|
|Total Carbohydrate 43g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||26%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A beautiful and vibrant beet hummus is the star of this healthy turkey sandwich. Beets are loaded with a variety of nutrients and fibers that can help lower blood pressure in just a couple of hours, fight inflammation and cancer, and can help boost your immune system. When you mix the roasted beets with chickpeas, which are filled with healthy fibers, protein, nutrients and vitamins, the health benefits keep multiplying.
The turkey loads you up with even more lean-meat protein, while the tomatoes add a nice healthy dose of vitamin C, D, and folic acid. The feta cheese is a great source of calcium and the baby kale sprouts are a superfood that help boost your brain power with the greens' high level of folate. And although the bread's probably not that good for you, it helps keep everything together and it makes it taste even better.
- 3 tablespoons beet hummus
- 1/4 pounds cracked pepper turkey (sliced thin)
- 3 to 4 slices yellow tomato
- 1 tablespoon feta (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons kale sprouts
- 1/4 to 1/2 red onion (sliced)
- 2 slices sourdough bread
Gather the ingredients.
Toast the bread and smear each side with beet hummus.
Layer on all the cracked pepper turkey slices, followed by the yellow tomatoes, feta, kale sprouts, and red onion.
Top with the other slice of toasted bread.
Serve and enjoy!
- Just a warning, this sandwich gets kind of messy over time, so if you're trying to make it in advance, use a baguette or another type of bread that's more dense so that the liquids from the sandwich ingredients don't seep into the bread.