|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 73g||94%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||44%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 1 large stalk celery (sliced)
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup green lentils (rinsed)
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups turkey (white meat, cooked, and chopped)
Gather the ingredients.
Heat oil on medium heat in a large Dutch oven or soup pot. Sauté onion, carrots, celery, and mushrooms until softened.
Sprinkle curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add lentils, followed by broth and canned tomatoes.
Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until lentils are cooked.
Stir in chopped turkey and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!