- 2 teaspooons canola oil
- 1 large onion (finely chopped, about 2 cups)
- 2 medium carrots (diced, about1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large stalk celery (sliced, about 1 cup)
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup green lentils (picked through and rinsed
- 4 cups fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5-ounce petite diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups turkey (white meat, cooked and chopped)
- Heat oil on medium heat in a large Dutch oven or soup pot. Sauté onion, carrots, celery and mushrooms until softened.
- Sprinkle curry powder and cook for 1 minute. Add lentils, followed by broth and canned tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until lentils are cooked. Stir in chopped turkey and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||73 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)