|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This Paleo breakfast skillet is a breakfast of champions. It's not only as delicious, pairing protein-packed ground turkey with bacon, but easy to whip up with a little prep work. Cut up all the vegetables the night before and heat them up in the morning. Seasoned with red chili pepper, garlic, and onion, this skillet is a flavorful way to kickstart any morning.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup turkey meat (ground)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion (diced)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper (diced)
- 1/4 cup avocado (diced)
- 1 1/2 cup sweet potato (diced)
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup bacon (diced)
- Garnish: 1 egg (over easy)
- Garnish: cilantro
Heat oil in skillet on medium heat.
Cook the ground turkey, bacon, and garlic together until done, about 10 minutes, and put into a colander for draining.
Add the onions and bell peppers to skillet and sweat the vegetable without turning them brown.
Add the sweet potato, chili pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and cook until sweet potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add back in the turkey bacon mixture into skillet. Mix ingredients evenly through the pan for consistency.
In an egg pan, cook one egg to over easy.
When plating skillet, toss in avocado and garnish your plate with the egg. Serve Immediately.
Recipe Tips and Variations
- Feel free to add in different vegetables or ingredients you have on hand that might go well in this skillet. You can also omit things such as the bacon (of you're crazy) or if you don't have it on hand.
- You can store this skillet in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 24 hours. I can bet you'll eat it in one setting but if you don't, my advice is to eat it as soon as you can.