- 2 cups mushrooms (fresh, cleaned and cut in half)
- 1 to 2 stalks celery (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 bell pepper (red, cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 onion (red, peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (mung, rinsed and drained)
- Optional: 1 clove garlic (peeled and chopped)
- For Sauce:
- 1/2 cup broth (packaged chicken broth, low-sodium preferred)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (dark)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- For Noodles:
- 2 cups noodles (packaged chow mein noodles, or to taste)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons cooking oil (for stir-frying, as needed)
- 3 cups turkey meat (cooked)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and prepare all the vegetables. Mix together the sauce ingredients, whisking in the cornstarch last.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over medium-high to high heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil. When the oil is hot, add the mushrooms and stir-fry for a minute.
- Remove from the pan, add more oil, and stir-fry the celery and red bell pepper.
- Remove from the pan, add more oil and stir-fry the onion and garlic.
- Add the turkey into the pan. Cook for a minute, then add the other vegetables back into the pan.
- Stir in the bean sprouts. Add the sauce. Heat to boiling, then add the noodles.
- Mix everything together and serve hot.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||50 g|
|Saturated Fat||11 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)