You're probably familiar with this delicious fall sandwich composed of the following holiday leftovers: Thick slices of roasted turkey breast with sweet and tart cranberry jam, fresh spinach, and rich and creamy brie between two beautiful pieces of white bread. And although this sandwich is typically only seasonally available—fear not—you can totally make it any time of year.
- 2 slices fluffy white bread
- 2 tablespoons cranberry jam
- 1/4 pound roasted turkey (thick-sliced)
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 3 slices brie
Gather the ingredients.
Smear each slice of bread with cranberry jam.
Add the slices of roasted turkey breast, spinach (trying to pack it down as much as possible), and brie to one half of the bread.
Top the sandwich with the other piece of bread.
Take a rectangle-sized sheet of wax paper or butcher paper and put the sandwich in the middle.
Pull up two sides above the middle of the sandwich and roll down towards the sandwich until it's snug.
Take the other two sides of the paper and fold them under the sandwich.
With a very sharp serrated knife, slice down the middle of the sandwich to separate the two halves.
Serve and enjoy!
- Instead of using leftover turkey from Thanksgiving, try finding roasted turkey breast at your local neighborhood deli or meat market. You can also swap it out for some slices of rotisserie chicken.
- Don't have cranberry? Try using a chutney, apple butter, or a nice raspberry melba sauce.
- This sandwich is just as good with another cheese, like a nice sharp white cheddar or Dunbarton Blue from Wisconsin.