These turkey cutlets are baked with homemade bread stuffing. The cutlets and prepared gravy top the stuffing and the casserole is baked to perfection.
Feel free to use about 1 1/2 to 2 cups of turkey gravy prepared from a dry mix, or use homemade.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, optional
- 6 cups cubed white bread
- 2 1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 3/4 to 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound thin cut turkey cutlets
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 jar (12 ounces) turkey gravy)
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a skillet, melt the butter and saute the celery, onion, and apple until softened.
- Pour the sauteed onion and apple mixture over the bread cubes in a large bowl and toss to blend. Toss with the dried cranberries, if using, poultry seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper.
- Add 3/4 cup chicken broth and stir until moistened, adding more broth if needed. Taste and adjust seasonings before you add the egg. Stir in the beaten egg until well blended.
- Gently pat the stuffing mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil or spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle turkey cutlets with seasoned salt and pepper and saute for about 2 minutes on each side. Add the gravy and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Arrange the turkey over the stuffing then pour the gravy over all.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||74 g|
|Saturated Fat||32 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|