This easy turkey and macaroni casserole is an easy and tasty combination of ingredients. The sauce is made with cream of chicken soup and cheddar cheese.
Top this turkey casserole off with sliced or slivered toasted almonds.
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked chopped turkey
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimiento, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds*
- Cook and drain macaroni, following package directions.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 3-quart casserole.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add celery, green pepper, and onion; cook until tender. Blend in soup, milk, and shredded cheese. Cook, stirring, until cheese is melted.
- Combine cheese mixture with the cooked and drained macaroni, pimiento, turkey, salt, and nutmeg. Transfer to the prepared casserole; top with toasted almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with a side salad, if desired.
*To toast nuts, spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast in a 350 F oven, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes. Or, toast in an ungreased skillet over medium heat, stirring, until golden brown and aromatic.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||67 g|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||22 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|