This turkey meatloaf is an easy and lighter alternative to a ground beef meatloaf, and an incredibly delicious and easy cranberry glaze tops the well-seasoned meatloaf.
Serve this tasty meatloaf with mashed potatoes and corn along with the remaining cranberry sauce, or serve it with steamed broccoli and a salad.
A little ground pork keeps this meatloaf juicy, but feel free to use part ground turkey thighs instead. Turkey thighs or the ground pork have a higher fat content and will keep the loaf from drying out and becoming tough.
- 1 (16-ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey or ground turkey breast
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork or higher fat ground turkey thighs
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (finely ground)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
Gather the ingredients and preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C/Gas 4.
Spray an 8 1/2-x-4 1/2-inch loaf pan lightly with cooking spray.
Combine 1/3 cup of the cranberry sauce with the chili sauce. Refrigerate remaining cranberry sauce to serve with the meal.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the meat with the egg, breadcrumbs, onion, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add 1/4 cup of the chili sauce and cranberry mixture to the meat mixture. Reserve the remaining chili sauce and cranberry sauce mixture for topping.
Mix the meat mixture until well blended.
Pack into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Top with the reserved chili sauce and cranberry sauce mixture and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
Let the meatloaf rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Serve and enjoy!
- To check the meatloaf for doneness, use an instant-read food thermometer. The meatloaf should register at least 165 F/73.9 C when inserted into the center of the meatloaf. Ground poultry must be cooked to a minimum temperature of 165 F/73.9 C. For an all-meat (beef, pork, veal) meatloaf, the minimum temperature would be 160 F/71 C.
- Turkey Meatloaf Muffins - Divide the meatloaf mixture among 12 greased muffin cups. Bake the mini loaves for about 20 to 25 minutes and then top each with some of the cranberry and chili sauce mixture. Bake for 5 minutes longer, or long enough to heat the topping.