Turkey noodle casserole is simple to make and is a great way to enjoy turkey left over from holiday meals.
- 8 ounces dry egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onions (finely diced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups turkey (cooked, diced)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (thawed, drained)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook the noodles in salted water, according to directions. Drain, rinse in cold water and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, and sauté the onions over med-low heat for about 3 minutes. Add the flour and continue cooking, stirring, for another 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk, mushroom soup, salt, and pepper, and cook stirring, until the mixture begins to simmer and thickens.
- Add the cooked sauce to the bowl of noodles. Add the turkey, peas, and 1/2 the cheese, and mix with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 buttered casserole dish, and top with the rest of the cheese.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and olive oil until combined and spread evenly over the casserole.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until bubbling and browned.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||56 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|