|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 58g||74%|
|Saturated Fat 11g||54%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||7%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Turkey salad is one of our favorite dishes to make with leftover turkey. You can use turkey breast in the salad but you could add some dark as well. If you only have green grapes, go ahead and substitute them for the red. The salad won't be as colorful, but it will be just as delicious.
Lemon juice adds flavor to the mayonnaise dressing. We like to add coarsely chopped toasted pecans for the added crunch and protein. Toasted slivered almonds would be excellent additions as well.
- 1 cup seedless red grapes (sliced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup green onions (chopped)
- Optional: 3/4 cup pecans (coarsely broken or chopped)
- 3 to 4 cups cooked turkey (diced)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 to 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- Salt, to taste
Gather the ingredients.
In a bowl, combine the sliced grapes, celery, green onion, pecans (if using), turkey, and parsley (if using). Toss to blend ingredients.
In another bowl, combine the lemon juice, 3/4 cup of the mayonnaise, and pepper; blend well.
Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the turkey mixture until blended, adding more mayonnaise if needed. Add salt, to taste.
Serve in sandwiches or on greens or romaine lettuce leaves for a lighter lunch salad.
- Enjoy this tasty turkey salad on lettuce for lunch or use it as a filling in sandwiches or buns. It's a great way to use that leftover holiday turkey!
- Get more flavor from your pecans by toasting them lightly. Put them in a dry skillet and cook them over medium heat.
- Shake the pan frequently and remove them to a plate as soon as they are aromatic and lightly browned.
- Replace the pecans with toasted slivered almonds.