Mashed turnips are combined with egg white and other ingredients to make this turnip casserole. This casserole couldn't be easier to make and pleases even those who don't think they like turnips!
- 2 cups cooked, mashed turnips, cooled
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, separated
- Combine turnips, bread crumbs, margarine, sugar, salt, pepper, and beaten egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into turnip mixture.
- Spoon turnip mixture into a buttered 1-quart casserole.
- Bake turnip puff at 350 F for 40 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|