Take these inexpensive top round steaks and turn them into a fantastic feast. The tomato based marinade is packed with rich flavors that will make this steak tender and delicious.
- Place steaks in a resealable plastic bag. Place remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend mixture until smooth.
- Pour half of mixture into bag with steaks. Make sure meat is well coated.
- Release air from the bag, seal, and place steaks into a refrigerator for 6-24 hours. Store remaining half of marinade in an airtight plastic container in a refrigerator.
- Preheat grill. Remove steaks from bag and discard marinade. Grill steaks on medium- heat until they reach the desired doneness. Once cooked, remove heat and let rest.
- Meanwhile, place reserved marinade in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer for 5-6 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and serve sauce with steaks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|