|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 17g||21%|
|Saturated Fat 10g||50%|
|Total Carbohydrate 63g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|Total Sugars 55g|
|Vitamin C 1mg||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
No ordinary milkshake, the twist and shout recipe is a very special boozy milkshake from the Hard Rock Cafe. It includes a few unusual ingredients that are thrown into the blender to create an interesting dessert cocktail unlike any other.
The twist and shout's oddities begin with beer (specifically Guinness Draught) and end with a decadent garnish that includes bacon. It's a fun mix that also includes some of the usual suspects like spiced rum, chocolate and caramel, and, of course, ice cream. The extra fizz from the dark stout and the contrast of cream and crunchy bacon add to the experience and are surprisingly delicious together. At the very least, it's a drink you can tell your friends about.
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
1 ounce spiced rum
1/2 ounce dark crème de cacao liqueur
2 ounces stout beer
1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon salted caramel syrup, plus more for garnish
Whipped cream, for garnish
Bacon crumbles, for garnish
Gather the ingredients.
In a blender, add the ice cream, spiced rum, crème de cacao, stout, and the chocolate and caramel syrups.
Blend until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass.
Garnish with whipped cream, caramel and chocolate syrups, and a spoonful of extra-crispy bacon crumbles. Serve and enjoy.
- White crème de cacao can be used instead of the dark liqueur without affecting the taste. Typically, one is chosen over the other to control a drink's color, but this recipe is filled with dark ingredients so either chocolate liqueur will work.
- Packaged bacon bits work perfectly fine for the garnish.
- You can also fry or oven-bake bacon until it's really crispy. Let the cooked bacon cool, then chop it up into tiny bits using a food processor. They can be stored in the freezer and used whenever you need them.
- Blend this drink up with other flavors of ice cream. Chocolate's a natural choice, though you can have fun with options that swirl fudge or add nuts to vanilla as well.
- When adding ingredients to the blender, hold the beer. After pouring the blended mix, use it to top the boozy ice cream, similar to a root beer float. Be sure to pour the beer slowly so you don't have a foamy mess!
- Instead of spiced rum, try this recipe with salted caramel moonshine for a fun twist. Look for the flavor from brands like Ole Smoky Moonshine and Firefly Distillery.
How Strong Is a Twist and Shout?
Like most blended cocktails, the twist and shout may be filled with alcoholic beverages, but all the extras bring the strength down significantly. Essentially, you're looking at a drink with an alcohol content around 6 percent ABV (12 proof). That's a little stronger than the Guinness you'll use, this drink just happens to be far more delicious!