|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||38%|
|Total Carbohydrate 63g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 10g||35%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Here is a delicious recipe for chicken enchiladas, full of delicious herbs and spices and lots of cheese. This hearty dish is made with skinless chicken breast, two kinds of chiles, corn, garlic, onion, tomatoes, and more. To make the enchiladas healthier just cut down on the cheese and sour cream!
Click Play to See Tyler Florence's Chicken Enchilada Recipe Come Together
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken breast
- Optional: Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup of frozen corn (thawed)
- 5 canned whole green chiles (seeded and coarsely chopped)
- 4 canned chipotle chiles (seeded and minced)
- 1 (28-ounce) can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 16 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce (canned)
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Jack cheeses
- Garnish: chopped cilantro leaves (chopped scallions, sour cream, chopped tomatoes)
Coat large saute pan with oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Brown chicken over medium heat, allow 7 minutes each side or until no longer pink. Sprinkle chicken with cumin, garlic powder, and Mexican spices before turning. Remove chicken to a platter, allow to cool.
Saute onion and garlic in chicken drippings until tender.
Add corn and chiles. Stir well to combine.
Add canned tomatoes, saute 1 minute.
Pull chicken breasts apart by hand into shredded strips. Add shredded chicken to saute pan, combine with vegetables. Dust the mixture with flour to help set.
Microwave tortillas on high for 30 seconds. This softens them and makes them more pliable.
Coat the bottom of 2 (13 by 9-inch) pans with a ladle of enchilada sauce. Using a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat.
Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture in each tortilla. Fold over filling, place 8 enchiladas in each pan with seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 F oven until cheese melts.
Garnish with cilantro, scallion, sour cream and chopped tomatoes before serving.
Serve with Spanish rice and beans.
Recipe courtesy of the Food Network.