|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 loaf (8-10 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7g||3%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
In Greek: τυρόψωμο, pronounced teer-ROHP-so-mo
This is an easy bread to make, and easy to eat as well!
- 2 1/4 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup water (warm)
- 1 cup cheese (feta, crumbled)
- 1 package yeast (dry)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Gather the ingredients.
- Put the warm water in a medium bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the water and stir. When it starts to bubble, add the flour and start to stir with a wooden spoon (or by hand). Add the olive oil slowly until the dough is pliable and smooth. Work in the feta cheese, kneading until evenly distributed throughout the dough. Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and flatten with the palms of the hand. The dough shouldn't be any higher than about 1 1/4 inches. Score the top lightly in squares or diamond shapes. Cover with a towel and allow the dough to rise for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 340 F (170C).
- Bake for approximately 30-40 minutes. It should be done on the bottom and nicely browned on top.