This cream gravy is an excellent recipe to make for fried chicken. Use sausage or bacon drippings and decrease the milk to about 1 1/2 cups for a thicker sawmill gravy for biscuits.
- 3 tablespoons drippings
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Dash salt (or to taste)
- Dash pepper (or to taste)
- Pour all drippings from skillet into a small bowl; measure and return 3 tablespoons.
- Stir in flour until well blended; cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk and cream; boil until thick and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in a hot gravy boat or bowl.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|