|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 27g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||32%|
|Total Carbohydrate 125g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||22%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Chicken, cashews, and water chestnuts are cooked in a flavorful sauce in this stir fry recipe that also works well with beef. Feel free to substitute the chili oil for sesame oil if you're looking for a less spicy flavor.
Click Play to See This Classic Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe Come Together
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 3 spring onions (washed, white parts sliced very thin and green sections reserved)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil (for stir-frying, as needed)
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast (cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces)
- 1 pound mushrooms (stems removed, cut into large pieces)
- 1 cup carrots (sliced into 2- to 3-inch strips)
- 1 can whole water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
Gather the ingredients.
To prepare the sauce, combine the chili oil, garlic, ginger, spring onions, soy sauce and water in a bowl and set aside.
In a dry wok over medium heat, add the cashews. Toast for about 1 minute, stirring continually until toasted slightly (do not burn). Remove cashews.
Heat the 2 tablespoons oil in the wok. Add the chicken and stir-fry until lightly browned and no longer pink, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove the chicken and put on a plate.
Stir fry the mushrooms, carrots, and water chestnuts for about 3 minutes.
Add cooked chicken, cashews, and stir-fry sauce. Stir well. Cover the wok and let the ingredients cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the cornstarch and water mixture, stirring to thicken. Remove from the heat.
Serve with white rice and enjoy!