This potent green drink smoothie recipe is full of liver cleansing greens, and is guaranteed to give you a pleasant rush of energy and to help move a sluggish digestive system. The banana is an optional addition for those who may not do well with a potent green flavor, as it “softens” the intensity of it. Make sure all of your ingredients are organic please!
- 6 dandelion greens, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 kale leaves, stems removed and chopped (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 Meyer or organic lemon, peeled and sliced into 1” chunks
- 1 small banana (optional) peeled and broken into 1” pieces
- 1 fuji apple, cut into 1” chunks
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger (optional)
- 2 cups Filtered water
Place all ingredients, along with 2 cups water, into the canister of a blender (powerful blenders like the Vita-mix are ideal for these drinks). Blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes until very smooth. Add more water as desired to reach a palatable consistency.