This is a quick and easy recipe for making fondant candies and creams. You can use this fondant recipe as a base and add coloring or flavored extract to create a wide variety of fondant candies and fillings.
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar (sifted)
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend the butter, corn syrup, vanilla and salt on medium speed with a paddle attachment until smooth and well-combined.
- Add the powdered sugar all at once, and mix on slow speed, gradually increasing speed to medium until well-combined. The mixture should cling together in the bottom of the bowl and be smooth to the touch.
- The fondant can now be rolled into balls, rolled thin and cut with cookie cutters, or stored for later use.
- Store in a cool dry place wrapped tightly and placed in an airtight container.
- To flavor, add extracts or oils in the beginning with the butter and corn syrup.
- To color, knead a small amount of your desired food coloring into the ball of fondant and work with hands until thoroughly combined.