The Union Square is one of the cocktails from New Amsterdam Gin that celebrate the spirit's namesake by honoring some landmarks of modern day New York City.
This is one of my favorites because it pairs fresh strawberries with basil and agave nectar for a very fresh, lively taste. It's a unique blend of flavors for a gin cocktail and it's very fun and interesting.
Yet, one of the best aspects is that New Amsterdam is one of the best budget gins available at right around $14 a bottle. With the Union Square you get fresh and quality on the cheap and who doesn't love that?
- Muddle strawberries with the basil until fully mashed in a cocktail shaker.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with half a strawberry.
Recipe Courtesy: New Amsterdam Gin
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|