Beautiful blue cocktails are very easy to make when you begin with UV Blue Vodka. It's a fun raspberry-flavored vodka and one of the bluest liquors you will find, which is why it's a favorite in the bar. It is the foundation for a number of blue drinks, including this delightful UV liberty.
The UV liberty recipe could not be any easier to make. It requires three simple ingredients and you will love how the raspberry vodka plays off the raspberry sherbet. The soda adds sparkle and lightens up the creamy blue drink, making it a great one to sip on hot summer days.
Serve this stunning cocktail up at Fourth of July parties, picnics, or backyard barbecues. It's perfect for any occasion and is a taste that everyone will love.
Gather the ingredients.
In an old-fashioned glass filled halfway with ice, place a scoop of raspberry sherbet.
Add UV Blue and top with soda.
Serve and enjoy!
- To create more of a layered look, pour the soda then the vodka. Serve with a straw so the drinker can enjoy the visual effect and stir as needed.
- If possible, use shaved, cracked, or chipped ice rather than large cubes. The smaller ice particles tend to work better with the sherbet and make the cocktail easier to drink. You can even skip the ice completely if you like.
- No raspberry sherbet? Almost any flavor of sherbet will do, so feel free to use what you have or can find at the store. Regular ice cream will work great as well and transforms the UV Liberty into more of a fruity ice cream float.
More UV Blue Cocktails
UV Blue is a fun vodka to mix with and it makes easy work of creating impressive drinks. It does wonders in almost any vodka cocktail, including many of our fruity favorites like the bay breeze or cosmopolitan. The vodka also has a number of signature cocktails, which are fun to mix up:
- Berry White: A fantastic blue martini, this recipe pairs UV Blue with crème de cacao, triple sec, and lime juice. It's sweet, fruity, and blue. What's not to love?
- UV Blue & Lemonade: Possibly the most popular UV Blue drink, this drink is so easy that there's no need for a recipe. Simply mix a shot of UV Blue with lemonade (typically at a 1:3 ratio) in an ice-filled glass. The drink is often called a "UV lemonade" (though UV does make Pink Lemonade Vodka as well) and the brand likes to call it a "bombsicle." It's a popular drink to order at bars and most bartenders know how to make it.
- Top the UV lemonade with lemon-lime soda or ginger ale if you like. Another option is to toss the vodka and lemonade into a blender with ice and enjoy a blue slushy.
Don't stop there, this is a very versatile vodka and can be used in countless cocktails. Keep in mind that the blueness of the drink will depend on the colors of the other ingredients. When mixed with red ingredients, the drink will be some shade of purple. Likewise, yellow mixers like pineapple juice will create aqua or green cocktails.