|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 12g|
|Vitamin C 11mg||57%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
The bright pink vodka known as UV Lemonade is a ton of fun to mix into cocktails. Its sweet-tart taste is perfectly represented in UV's pink flamingo recipe, a cocktail that is reminiscent of the popular cosmopolitan.
This particular vodka has a pink lemonade flavor, which is rather unique in the world of flavored vodkas. It pairs wonderfully with cranberry juice and a hint of triple sec, creating a lovely little cocktail that you're sure to love. It's a flirty pink martini that's a fabulous choice for a party, especially if it has a pink or summer theme.
2 ounces lemonade vodka
1 splash triple sec
1 ounce cranberry juice
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, pour the lemonade vodka, triple sec, and cranberry juice.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Serve and enjoy.
- UV Lemonade should be readily available at most liquor stores. Just look for the brand's other brightly colored vodkas, including the famous UV Blue.
- There are other lemonade-flavored vodkas available now, though UV was one of the first. If you're looking for a substitute, try Deep Eddy Lemon or Svedka Strawberry Lemonade. Neither is bright pink and the flavor is not quite the same, but they will make a nice cocktail.
- Adding a splash of a lightly flavored soda (e.g., lemon-lime, ginger ale) can give this martini a nice fizz and make it even more refreshing. You could also go with a sparkling lemonade or a sparkling Italian soda.
- This cocktail is also quite pleasant when served a little taller and on the rocks. The easiest way to increase the volume is to double up on both the juice and triple sec, adding a sparkling element (even a rosé wine) if you like. Switch to a double old-fashioned or highball glass or enjoy it in an ice-filled Mason jar.
- As with the cosmo, feel free to adjust the cranberry juice and triple sec to suit your taste. The recommended amounts will create a sweet, fruity drink. If you reverse the two ingredients—pour 1 ounce triple sec and just a splash of cranberry—it will have a slightly drier flavor.
- There are quite a few cocktails that take on the pink flamingo name. One of the more common pink flamingos is a juicy vodka highball that's more like an enhanced screwdriver, complete with a dash of sloe gin.
How Strong Is a UV Pink Flamingo?
Like most flavored vodkas, UV Lemonade is bottled a little lower than normal, at 30 percent ABV (60 proof). That—and all the cranberry juice—makes this a pleasantly light cocktail. Once mixed up, its alcohol content will be in the 17 percent ABV (34 proof) range, which is slightly stronger than the average wine.