|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 6 Dozen (24 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Total Carbohydrate 16g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These cookies are flavored with vanilla and almond extracts. The warm crescent cookies are rolled in a vanilla-flavored confectioners' sugar mixture.
These cookies are perfect for the winter holidays. Add them to your holiday cookie list.
Walnut Crescent Cookies
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar (confectioners', divided)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour (sifted)
- 3/4 cup almonds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cream butter; gradually beat in 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, the almond extract, flour, almonds, and salt. Blend well. Chill.
- Heat the oven to 300° F (150° C/Gas 2). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Shape dough into crescents, using about 1/2 tablespoon for each cookie. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets and bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until set and lightly browned on bottoms.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Roll warm cookies in confectioners' sugar mixture.